Thursday, June 3, 2010

Planter Redo



Hi there!

We don't have a lot of privacy on our deck and I thought adding greenery rather than flowers this year might help with this. There are some gorgeous, contemporary looking planters in the stores this spring but I remembered some metal planters we had from a few years back. They were once a vibrant blue but became very badly sun faded.

And so began my first adventure with spray painting. I say first because it was so easy and I loved the results. I will be doing this again soon.

Before:





In less time than it took to drive to the store to buy the spray paint I had all three of these planters looking fresh and matching our deck decor. I planted palms in two of them and saved one for flowers, which I hope to add soon. The effect was as desired as the plants do provide a bit of privacy when we are sitting at the table. The best part is that I resisted retail and used something we already owned.

After:


This last pic is of the deck (and our dog). I've since added my $5 market umbrella.



Thanks for visiting. I'm hooking this up to House of Hepworths. There are some really amazing projects over there this week.

ETA: I am also linking up to Thrifty Decor Chick's Before and After party.

1 comment:

  1. Steph I love the paint job! Our last house had a deck with minimal privacy and I did something very similar with huge planters and evergreens.

    ReplyDelete